Plantar fasciitis is one of the most agonizing feet issues you’ll ever have. Finding a boot, sandal, running shoe, or comfy footwear that doesn’t aggregate plantar fasciitis is challenging. Typically, plantar fasciitis victims feel that sandals are off-limits for them.
The problem of plantar fasciitis runs across your foot’s bottom and is attached to your toes and heels. When you overpressure the plantar fascia, it causes inflammation.
As scary as it sounds, plantar fasciitis can mess up your gait as well. However, with the correct sandals, that is unlikely to happen.
This article unveils some of the most supportive yet fashionable sandals for plantar fasciitis. So, are you ready to take the walk of your life with these ten footwears?
Best Sandals for Plantar Fasciitis for Men/Unisex
First, we’ll list the best sandals for plantar fasciitis that are apt for both men and women. This section also lists male-centric footwear.
Let’s explore what the best sandals for plantar fasciitis review have in store for you!
OOFOS Unisex Slide Sandal
OOFOS is one of the best brands when it comes to pampering your feet with the best footwear. They have been long into the business of medical shoes.
It has a soft synthetic upper, a well-padded interior, and a cushioned footbed.
It offers a uniquely designed split upper for some extra room. This feature grants more comfort to your pain-stricken feet.
The medium density midsoles work to offer support to your ankles. Additionally, they also do a great job at shock absorption.
The sandal makes sure to facilitate a proper alignment for your feet. You can wear them out during sporting activities as well.
- Suitable for both men and women
- Available in a variety of colors and sizes
- Machine washable and easy to maintain
- Apt for buyers on a budget dust
- Positive customer reviews
- Relives the user of 37% lesser impact
- It might not suit the taste of fashion-oriented buyers.
Birkenstock Arizona Sandals Unisex
Suppose you are looking for open-toe sandals, the Birkenstock Arizona Sandals. They offer impeccable arch support to the wearers. These pairs can help you with recurring plantar fasciitis pain.
They house one of the most supportive footbeds. The classic silhouette and smooth leather uppers will impress you.
The contoured footbed ensures an equal weight distribution. Moreover, it enhances proper gait.
One of the unique selling points about this sandal is the construction material. It uses cork and latex to add an extra level of comfort.
Many users report that these sandals help in combating knee and backaches. The well-treaded patterned sole has excellent levels of traction.
- A highly reliable and reputed brand
- Sandals that will last for years to come
- The plush suede lining feels comfortable
- It comes in narrow sizing as well
- Adjustable metal pin buckles
- True to size fit
- Falls on the expensive category
- Not a wide variety of colors available
Vionic Unisex Wave Orthotic Sandal
If you are looking to engage in outdoor activities and long walks with plantar fasciitis, you need to be comfortable. Many people who are facing plantar fasciitis resort to Vionic for their footwear solutions.
These neutral flip-flop sandals come in a range of color options. They offer the best support and contouring to your delicate heels.
It aids in knee pain, heel pain, and flat feet.
Its biometric footbed and shock-absorbing midsoles will comfort you on your outdoor tasks. The Vio-Motion is another touch that offers three-zone comfort.
Not to mention, they have the seal of acceptance from the American Podiatric Medical Association.
- Perfect for users looking for simplistic sandals
- Easy to understand the sizing chart
- Highly popular amongst eCommerce buyers
- Durable rubber outsoles
- Vio-Motion Support offers three-zone comfort
- Unsuitable for formal outings
- It doesn’t sync with current trends or aesthetics.
Drew Warren Men’s Sandals
This Drew Warren Men’s Sandal gives you every reason to try out the pair, even if you have plantar fasciitis. The generous cushioning will make you feel like you’re walking on a bed of clouds.
What’s more, the ULTRON footbed is also removable. The extra metatarsal support and lightweight design have been the center of this sandal’s features.
You’ll feel the arch section is dense and supportive.
Every time you step in these shoes, their rich leather uppers will treat your painful foot immediately. The soft and breathable material makes sure your feet sink in well. It’s an excellent pick for flat feet, feet with bunions, and wide feet.
- A trendy style for male users
- A range of sizes is available
- Premium leather material to offer comfort
- Three-level adjustable velcros
- Shock-absorbing and lightweight sandals
- It carries an expensive price tag
- Not suitable for use near wet locations
Best Sandals for Plantar Fasciitis for Women
When it comes to the best sandals for plantar fasciitis for women, they should be both fashionable and comfy. After all, you can’t leave home in a pair of uglies.
To keep you in the loop of fashion and also give you some relief from plantar fasciitis, here are some sandals:
Vionic Orthaheel Paros Women’s Sandal
These Vionic sandals are going to be your favorite companions as soon as you step in them. You are less likely to feel any pain with these uniquely designed sandals. They have an inch rocker bottom with non-slip rubber soles.
The brand has been delivering comfortable sandals from its inception, and this pair is no exception. It’ll help you maintain your natural gait and posture.
The secret of its comfort lies in its ability to distribute weight equally.
The patented Orthaheel technology cases and hugs your feet to support them.
The EVA midsoles reduce fatigue and absorb shock to allow you pain-free strolling sessions.
- Two beautiful and neutral colors
- Cost-effective price tag
- Pattern treads dissipate pressure effectively
- Sizing available is limited at times
Taos Women’s Trulie Wedge Sandal
The Taos Trulie Wedges are one of our favorite picks when it comes to the best sandals for plantar fasciitis for women. These sandals are ideal for anyone suffering from ankle and back ailments, arthritis, and osteoporosis.
Your feet will gently slip on the 1.5-inch heels. This beauty houses suede materials that wick away moisture and treats your feet like that of toddlers.
The heavily cushioned soles feel gentle on foot. It has loop straps, and hooks closure for a snugly fit. We love the way these sandals curve at the bottom.
Not only does it have eye-catchy aesthetics, but it can help you combat plantar fasciitis.
- Very trending design
- Available in more than a dozen of mesmerizing colors
- Multiple sizes available
- Comfortable suede footbed lining
- Metatarsal support
Birkenstock is the epitome of comfort and luxury for your tootsies. The brand is a legend when it comes to being the top choice for relaxing sandals.
You’ll appreciate the interwoven straps and stylistic finish on these sandals. You can finally have the best sandals for plantar fasciitis that don’t scream ‘medical’ from its looks.
These shoes have the same footbed as the Arizona variant. It promotes an aligned and natural posture for your gait. The combination of cork and latex delivers precisely the right features for the ultimate comfort!
- Over 20+ color options
- No issues finding the right size
- Stellar customer reviews
- Long-lasting make
- Has toe grips for additional support
- Pricing might feel high for some
- Toe straps are tight and might break off soon
Dansko Women’s Sophie Sandal
The outstanding arch support design of the Dansko sandals will leave you speechless. Their deep heel cups work to eliminate pressure from your foot. On the other hand, the thick soles do a great job of absorbing tension.
It includes a raised toe bar for a natural grip. It makes jogging or walking less of a hassle for women. To manage moisture and keep your feet fresh, they also include Dri-Lex.
There is an option for a forepart insert for additional levels of comfort. Its lightweight construction will keep you energetic and pain-free all day.
- Trendsetter sandals with multiple color choices
- Highly rated for comfort and design
- Includes a comfortable platform height
- Some may not agree with the high price
- The comfort may wear down after a year
Mephisto Women’s Helen Thong Sandals
If you are a born fashionista who is stricken by plantar fasciitis, you’ll thank the Mephisto Helen Thong Sandals. It offers a terrific amount of support to the foot. If you want to go for long walks, these sandals can be your perfect companion!
These sandals can comfortably accommodate flat feet, pronation, ankle issues, spurs, and back problems. You’ll receive superb traction from the synthetic outsole.
Regardless of the type of terrain, you’ll find it easy to venture them with these sandals. The adjustable buckle straps and luxurious leather are a great touch to the sandals.
So, if you have been long pushing an outdoor day with your family, you no longer have the reason to do that!
- Suitable for social gatherings
- SOFT-AIR midsoles for reducing pressure
- Protects vertebrae, joints, and feet
- Non-slip rubber soles
- These sandals use grain leathers
- Expensive sandals
KEEN Women’s Whisper Sandal
These cuties have the perfect arches that feel superbly comfortable while walking. It uses synthetic and textile for its upper planetary. Its bungee lace system secures your foot in the proper position.
There’s a hydrophobic mesh lining that contours to the shape of your foot. What’s more, it also has a Cleansport NEXT for tackling odor.
The sandals equip EVA insoles with compression molding to achieve shock-absorbing properties. It’s worth mentioning that this sandal allows machine wash as well.
The next time you want to go to the amusement park, you can rely on these sandals to support you well.
- Assortment of sizes and color options
- Bungee closure is comfortable
- Supports walk for prolonged durations
- Suitable for beach use
- It perfectly aligns with the contouring of the feet
- Inconsistent sizing
Finding the Best Sandals for Plantar Fasciitis
How do you know if a sandal can alleviate symptoms of plantar fasciitis? Well, before you head to the stores to buy yourself a pair, there are certain things to consider. For example, if you have plantar fasciitis, you should grab a pair that has a cushioned sole and is thicker.
The footwear should offer some flexibility to the user and have adequate arch support. Sandals that come with a slightly higher heel that tapers in the forefoot are great choices too.
Additionally, you can buy a pair that comes with straps and a deep heel cup. There is a bucket full of other things to consider while purchasing the best sandals for plantar fasciitis. Here’s a checklist to prep you up:
- If you are planning to wear the sandal to the beach or a pool, consider a water-proof or water-resistant pair.
- Choose a flexible and firm midsole to match the gait perfectly.
- Pick sandals that have breathable uppers, soft, and have adjustable straps.
- A sandal that has a deep heel cup to cradle your feet
- People with plantar fasciitis should choose sandals with cushioning in arches and forefoot.
- Your feet will feel comfortable in a sandal with a contoured footbed to compliment the natural curves of the feet.
In a Nutshell
With this perfect range of footwear options, you can say goodbye to painful strolls. What’s more, with such fashionable sandals, you don’t have to strap yourself off the latest trends.
Many brands in the market realize this common ailment. Don’t forget to consider our checklist for buying the best sandals for plantar fasciitis.
That said, don’t forget to try out various sandals before you finally make your mind. We hope this article helped you to find the perfect friend for your sensitive feet!