H&M’s sister brand & Other Stories has unveiled a short campaign clip it refers to as “not your ordinary fashion film”.
Starring French It-Girl and blogger Jeanne Damas, the humorous spot portrays “the tormented soul of the self-indulgent ‘Bohemian’ who can’t decide which pieces from & Other Stories’ collection to wear”.
Shot inside a Parisian apartment, it sees the model conversing with the camera about how she feels; laughing, crying, jumping on the couch, running around the room, and all the while showcasing a variety of different looks from the line.
It was directed by Wendy McColm, who reportedly aimed to present a darker subtext pointing to changes that need to be made to the way women are portrayed both in, and by, the fashion industry.
Happy new year one and all! To kickstart 2013, here are a handful of stories surrounding all things fashion and digital from over the holiday period you may have missed:
- Louis Vuitton pushes spring/summer line with downloadable paper doll cutouts (as pictured) [Luxury Daily]
- Love magazine released a star-studded Fashion Nativity video on Christmas Day featuring Laura Carmichael, Pixie Geldof, Giles Deacon, Henry Holland, Abbey Clancy and more [Love]
- New video from H&M’s forthcoming & Other Stories line reveals craftsmanship of bags in its first collection [YouTube]
- Nike gamifies every day human movement with NikeFuel Missions video game [DigitalBuzzBlog]
- Fashion retailer Caché launches mobile app featuring push notifications [AdWeek]
There’s some nice digital content going on to seed the launch of H&M’s new upmarket concept, & Other Stories.
The womenswear line, which will include ready-to-wear, shoes, bags and accessories, was teased through a one-minute video on Vogue.co.uk this week (as below).
The “Shoes & Other Stories” spot sees a series of polariod frames streamed one after the other as though a slideshow. It features a woman walking around Paris barefoot until she receives a delivery of & Other Stories footwear.
“Documentary-like snapshots tell the story of a day in the life of a Parisian girl while giving glimpses of & Other Stories’ concept and SS/13 collection,” reads the write-up.
There’s also a Tumblr page in action showcasing all manner of inspiration and product shots (including some from the film), as well as a couple of what looks like the & Other Stories team at work in the atelier.
Facebook, Twitter and a website have also launched, the latter inviting fans to sign-up in order to “receive tons of inspiration on a regular basis because we love to share our secrets, tips and tricks with you”.
The line aims, it says, to inspire women to create their personal style, or story. It will launch for spring 2013 in stores and online in selected European countries. Expect lots more to come…