Ingrown toenails are a nuisance to many people courtesy of the pain and discomfort they cause. They come about due to the toenails, mostly on the big toe growing in an improper manner where the edge of the nail cuts into the skin.
The situation may be difficult to handle when you decide to put on shoes as you put more pressure on the toes. In such a situation, you need to have the best shoes for ingrown nails.
There is footwear to help you with this situation in the market, and you need to have your eyes on the preferable pair. With a well-fitting pair, you can beat shortcomings such as secondary infections, swelling, and reddening of the toe.
This article reviews various shoes to look at to deal with the toe problem, to make it bearable.
Dr. Comfort Carter Men’s Casual Shoes
When looking for suitable shoes to help alleviate a case of ingrown toenails, you need to look at comfortability. One shoe that is a true embodiment of this characteristic is the Dr. Comfort Carter men’s casual shoes.
The closed shoes have an excellent design, which provides room for your toes. The spaciousness is crucial for your toe to heal and prevent pressing on the delicate region.
Still focusing on its design, you can note its versatility as you can use as a daily wear shoe, even in formal situations. Its seamless craft comes in handy in protecting your skin from irritation. The upper material is lycra, a material that is easy to maintain, especially in cleaning.
The material is breathable and allows air to circulate in the shoe, preventing moisture accumulation. Moisture builds up in shoes makes them stink. The double depth footwear also helps in managing conditions such as edema or accommodate braces.
The rubber sole is very durable, and the treads prevent you from falls in slippery areas.
- Its design allows you to use it in various settings, such as formal wear.
- You can adjust your fit using its straps.
- The lycra material is easy to clean.
- The shoe allows ample aeration to your foot.
- The rubber sole is sturdy, and its treads prevent falls.
- The double depth design comes to the relief of situations such as edema.
- The rubber sole may produce squeaky sounds when you first wear the shoes.
Men’s Extra Wide Width Adjustable Slippers
The men’s extra wide width adjustable slipper is a versatile shoe, which you can wear in many situations for therapeutic purposes. The shoe has an open design, though it features a closed front, which protects your ailing toes from coming to contact with dirt.
The shoes are very comfortable, featuring a smooth interior that feels natural to the skin. You can put them on and take them off easily, using the straps to adjust your fit.
The open design of the slippers makes them suitable for casual situations, further showing its adaptability attribute. They are also safe, bringing along antiskid properties that see you maintain your stability even in slippery surroundings.
It also sports an extra depth design, which provides ample space for dealing with several medical conditions. The conditions include broken toes, edema, or even to accommodate bandages in a fractured foot.
Some of the target user-base of these shoes, aside from those with ingrown toenails, include nurses, diabetic patients, and many more.
- The design of the shoe allows your foot to receive fresh air.
- They are easy to put on and remove, with the straps helping you achieve a proper fit.
- The upper material is easy to clean.
- The sole has anti-slip properties.
- It has an extra depth make that aids in the management of conditions such as edema.
- The shoe is durable.
- It is lightweight.
- The shoes are not rigid enough; hence, your foot may slip on the sides.
Also Read: Best Shoes for Sesamoiditis
Ryka Women’s Devotion Plus 2 Walking Shoe
If you have a case of ingrown toenails, you need to look at a shoe’s toe box, where a wide one is the ideal choice. Ryka women’s devotion plus 2 walking shoes has a wide toe box that can accommodate your hurt toe, reducing any pressure.
The shoe is also light due to its synthetic fabric construction and aids you if your injury is severe. The lightness works against foot fatigue, which can affect your gait or spread the pain from the toe to the entire foot.
The upper of the shoe is breathable, an attribute suitable for promoting air circulation and reducing moisture buildup. The result is comfortable footwear that will promote the fast healing of your affected toe.
The sole is also impressive, as it is hardy and features treads that prevent falls in slippery surfaces.
- It is lightweight, which helps prevent foot fatigue.
- Its wide toe box will accommodate your hurt toe without exerting pressure on it.
- The shoe is breathable making it comfy.
- The hardy sole has treads that give it anti-slip characteristics.
- The synthetic build may not be that durable.
Skechers Performance Women’s Go Walk Slip-On Shoe
The Skechers performance women’s go walk shoe is a versatile shoe that has an edge of simplicity. One impressive thing about the shoe is its light weight, which makes it comfy when walking. The lightness comes due to its synthetic material build.
It is one of the best shoes for ingrown toenails due to its spaciousness. The shoe collar also makes it comfy due to the padding it features. The shoe also sports a robust bumper that will prevent you from stabbing your foot on obstacles.
You cannot ignore the stylish aspect of the Skechers performance shoe, and you can use it as part of your casual wear. The synthetic sole features solid treads that have anti-slip properties.
- It is lightweight; as such, it won’t cause foot fatigue.
- The shoe is very comfortable.
- You can put it on effortlessly.
- It is safe due to its well-treaded sole and robust front bumper.
- The shoe is stylish.
- It does not have sufficient padding on its interior.
Dansko Women’s Xp 2.0 Clog
If you want the right shoe to grace your workplace when dealing with ingrown toenails, the Dansko women’s Xp 2.0 clog is ideal. The ladies’ shoe has a simple look that can complement formal attire such as a skirt suit.
It is suitable for the nail problems due to its spacious interior, which gives room for you to wiggle your toes. It sports a sturdy leather upper that is durable and will serve you for long. Its durability receives a further boost through its tough rubber sole.
The shoe features a padded instep collar that brings about the comfort essence. The Dansko Natural Arch technology, an arch stabilizer, provides all-day support and cushioning for the lower part of your foot.
- The shoe is simple as such you can use for various engagements such as going to work.
- It has a spacious interior that offers relief for your affected toes.
- The robust leather upper is very durable.
- The rubber sole is also durable and offers ample stability.
- The instep collar and the Dansko Natural Arch technology bring on the coziness essence.
- It is lightweight.
- The inner sole can stain your feet or socks.
Propet Men’s Cush N Foot Slipper
Weight is a crucial factor to look at when looking for suitable footwear to help you deal with ingrown nails. They reduce foot strain, which can aggravate the existing condition making it unbearable. Propet men’s Cush N foot slipper is a great option for a therapeutic shoe due to its lightness.
Another thing that makes this shoe an excellent fit for your therapeutic needs is that it is stretchable. In this case, it can accommodate your foot, even if you have a case of edema, which makes your leg swell. The shoe is a 100% synthetic, from the upper to the sole. This means that it is easy to maintain, especially when cleaning.
You can adjust the size of the Velcro strap to get the proper fit. It features some padding on the inside for comfort and some on the back of the collar.
Putting on the shoe and removing it is a straightforward process due to its construction.
- The shoe is easy to clean.
- You can adjust your fit with the Velcro strap.
- The shoe is very light; hence, it beats cases of foot fatigue or strain.
- A roomy interior with padding makes the footwear comfortable.
- Wearing and removing is easy.
- It is stretchable, meaning it can accommodate your leg even if it is swollen.
- The synthetic build of the shoes may not guarantee its durability.
Gravity Defyer Proven Pain Relief Shoe
If you love sports and athletic activities, the Gravity defyer proven pain relief shoe will allow you to get into the pitch despite your ingrown toenails. The pain relief footwear has a seamless interior, which prevents irritation. This is an important feature that will help with pain alleviation of your affected toe.
You can also remove the insoles to create more room for orthotic support, especially if you have a bandage or other foot injury support utility. Another feature that makes this footwear one of the best shoes for ingrown toenails is the VersoShock technology.
It is a shock-absorbing technology that absorbs waves from the ground and converts them to renewed positive energy. The front rocker sole has mid-foot support that provides stability for your foot’s sole, giving it an edge of coziness.
The toe box is extra roomy, which gives your affected toes space to move around. The spaciousness can help in the relief of the toe condition.
- The shoe has an athletic-inspired look, suitable for outdoor sporting activities.
- It is very comfortable.
- The shoe is durable.
- It has shock-absorbing properties.
- A roomy toe box gives room for your toes to move.
- The mid-foot support offers stability.
- Cleaning the shoe may be a hard task.
Vionic Women’s Walker
The vionic women’s walker is ideal for the outdoors, where its durability is its standout feature. The shoe has a strong leather build that assures you of a lengthy service, particularly if you get the right fit. You can also get the upper in suede, depending on your preference.
The thick rubber sole also brings out the resiliency element of these shoes as they are hardy and have excellent treads that provide stability. With the sole, you have the assurance of safety, especially in slippery surfaces.
Its podiatrist-designed foot-bed is very comfy and will help with the healing process of your inflamed toe. The shoe is also breathable with airspaces in various areas, such as the front part. They help in promoting air circulation, which will keep your feet moisture-free.
You cannot overlook the aesthetic value as the Vionic women’s walker is quite a looker. It can upgrade your casual style while maintaining your natural gait.
- It has a stylish look.
- The podiatrist-designed foot-bed grants you comfort.
- The shoe is breathable; hence, it will boost aeration.
- It is very durable.
- The thick rubber sole provides you with stability and prevents you from falls in slippery surfaces.
- They can help in the treatment of conditions such as bunions, cones, and plantar fasciitis.
- Overstretching of the shoe may do away with its arch support.
Drew Rockford Men’s Orthopedic Shoe
The Drew Rockford men’s orthopedic shoe is one versatile choice when you want to deal with ingrown toenails. It has a hardy look, more of a boot that you can use for outdoor activities such as hiking or even as work attire.
The shoe is very durable, featuring leather or nubuck upper with an AEGIS Microbe shield upper lining that protects it. The rubber sole is also robust and is ideal for use in rough terrains.
The interior of the boot ensures that your toe has ample space to heal. It features a Dupont thermolite membrane waterproof lining that promotes a dry environment for your foot. Dryness is essential as it prevents microorganism growth, which can cause infection to your affected toes.
The tempered steel shank used in its construction provides additional support to your heel, making it comfortable. It also helps keep your heel free from pressure. An extended medial heel stabilizer offers support and minimizes heel slippage.
Despite looking heavy, the shoe is very light and will act against issues such as foot fatigue that can make the ingrown nails issue severe. It is also user-friendly in the sense that you can easily maintain it, especially when cleaning.
A soft rug, a shoe brush, and shoe polish are the things you need to bring this boot to a pristine shape if it is dirty.
- You can use the Drew Rockford boot in various settings such as hiking, working, and other outdoor activities.
- The boot is durable courtesy of its tough leather upper and thick rubber sole.
- The rubber sole upholds the safety of the boot as it has anti-slip properties.
- It is lightweight.
- Maintenance, primarily the cleaning part is very straightforward, and you need basic items to pull through.
- It has metal components that help maintain the stability of your heel.
- It has a roomy interior.
- Its waterproof inside ensures that your foot is moisture-free.
- The boot might seem to be bulky on your foot, especially if you don’t have a proper fit.
Apex Men’s Athletic Shoe
An issue with your foot can come in the way of your love for sports. That should not be an issue with the Apex men’s athletic shoe. It is a sports shoe with a design that will help relieve the discomfort that comes with ingrown toenails.
It looks very stylish and is ideal for a casual outfit if you care about your fashion sense. It has the design of a sports shoe, which makes it fit for outdoor activities. Its lightweight construction makes it worthy for athletic activities and prevents shortcomings such as foot fatigue.
The Apex men’s athletic shoe is also long-lasting due to its structural build from its hardy upper to its thick rubber sole. The interior is also roomy, which is essential for your toes as they can easily move around and relieve the pain.
Its carboplast footbridge allows for motion control and stability, while the outsole is a safety feature that prevents slipping in wet surfaces. The contoured EVA foam insole provides cushioning for your heel.
The shoe also features perforations on its surface, which allow for aeration.
- The shoe is very stylish.
- It is very spacious, giving your toes room to move.
- The shoe is durable.
- The innersole provides cushioning for your heel.
- It is light in weight.
- The treading on the outsole makes it safe on slippery surfaces.
- The shoe is breathable.
- The shoe might be narrow, more so if you do not have the right fit.
Buying Guide For The Best Shoes For Ingrown Toenails
To get the best shoes for ingrown nails, the following buying guide shows you some of the essential things you need to consider.
The first thing you need to look at when getting a shoe for your ingrown nails is their cost. It is advisable to go for a shoe within your budget limit. The best shoes in the market with impressive features come at a hefty price, though they guarantee you relief with your foot issue.
While second-hand shoes may be cheaper, they may not be the best option because they may not be the best fit or can spread contact diseases such as fungal infections.
The comfort factor is also important when dealing with ingrown toenails, as they can be very painful. The condition needs comfort to help alleviate the condition. For comfort, look at features such as the padding, insole structure, and also its aeration.
The weight of the shoe is also critical when looking for comfort. A light shoe is an ideal option as it prevents foot strain, which can make
A cozy shoe helps you retain your gait, where you walk naturally despite the pain on your affected toes.
Durability is also essential as you want footwear that will serve you for long without wearing away easily. For durability, look at features such as the upper material and sole. Leather or suede for the upper and rubber for the sole are the most common materials that assure you of longevity.
You should also pick an ideal shoe as dictated by your physician. At times the ingrown nail toe condition can be so severe that they need a certain type of shoe to provide relief for the condition. If the doctor prescribes a certain type of footwear, you should stick to his or her instructions to heal fast.
When getting the right footwear, you need to look for the right size. It helps makes you comfortable, which, as earlier hinted, is critical for fast healing. At times, doctors may recommend a size larger to give your toe the much-needed space for recovery.
An ingrown toenail is a painful condition that can get into the way of your daily activities. While it may take time to heal, you can still walk around and continue with your daily activities by having the best shoes for ingrown toenails.
The above review highlights some of the best footwear for this condition, which have a unique design that gives you some relief. The accompanying buying guide shows you some of the things to keep in mind when getting these shoes.
Comfort is a top consideration to look at, as it helps with recovery. Get the preferable shoe as you say goodbye to the discomfort that comes with ingrown nails.