Vivobarefoot is the all-time favorite barefoot shoe suitable for every occasion. Compared to other barefoot shoes like Vibram, Vivobarefoot offers a unique feeling because of its puncture-resistant and patented barefoot sole. The footwear brand also promises a lot with its durability, especially regarding flexibility and the lightweight features. It optimizes body movements and enhances good postures since it strengthens the feet muscles.
What Is So Special About The Vivobarefoot Shoes?
- It has a patented barefoot sole that is 3mm thin and flexible to offer maximum protection with the aid of its puncture-resistant Duratex-layer and the abrasive-resistant TPU.
- Vivobarefoot shoes have a natural motion sequence that trains and strengthens the feet muscle. The sole is extremely flexible and is made from the lightest materials available in the market. It keeps the feet well compatible with its functions.
- The sole of Vivobarefoot shoes has a flat sole to enable correct upright posture. The Zero position for shoes without heels is the neutral point that helps relieve the entire spine from the inappropriate curved posture.
- The Vivobarefoot shoes deliver maximal proprioception. It’s the sense of body orientation and movement. 70% of the proprioceptive feedback with the footwear brand originates from the pressures exerted by the sole to the feet.
- Vivobarefoot shoes are well-cushioned to improve the proprioception and to stimulate the nerve endings for better blood circulation. The nourishment is essential to ensure that the feet and the entire lower limb is in a good state of health.
- Compared to other barefoot shoes, the Vivo footwear brand offers sufficient space for the toes to spread without restrictions. Anatomic width is crucial for barefoot movement to ensure that the feet don’t feel constrained.
- The number one reason you wear shoes is for the sought protection among other rightful roles. Vivobarefoot shoes protect your feet from cold, bad environmental influence, and rough terrain with the help of puncture-resistant sole that other brands lack.
Vivobarefoot values social and ecological factors involved in shoemaking, and that is why the company uses recycled materials that promote sustainability and a regenerative future. Furthermore, the large collection of Vivobarefoot shoes is suitable for various occasions. The Vivobarefoot shoe collection has an elegant design for business activities and leisure, among others.
Table of Contents
The Best Barefoot Vivobarefoot Alternatives
Xero Shoes HFS: Best Minimalist Shoe
Weight: 7.9 ounces per shoe
The Stack Height: 5.5mm
Xero Shoes HFS is the consistent barefoot shoe that can be used in areas ranging from roads, rails to the gym. The highlight of the minimalist shoe is its ultra-flexible construction that can easily conform to the natural movement of your feet. The proprietary rubber of 5.5mm allows the toes to flex and grip the ground naturally.
The big toe box at the forefoot gives the feet space to splay and spread comfortably, thus improving body stability. All the features of Xero Shoes HFS are quite outstanding for the barefoot shoe diehards. To add more, when dipping your toes into the HFS minimalist’s shoes, the EVA insole with 3mm high-density foam provides a comfortable cushioning with its smooth interior.
The Xero Shoes HFS is widely known as the training shoe. It’s slightly heavy with a weight of 15-ounce for each pair. However, while it might be heavier than most barefoot shoes, it’s still the lightweight training shoe available in the market. If you are looking for the best training barefoot shoe to take down the roads and into the gym, Xero Shoes HFS is the dedicated and multi-sport option to consider.
- Ultimate flexibility for a maximal natural feeling
- Airy and breathable mesh at the upper
- Insole is optional
- Relatively heavy
- Durability issues
Merrell Vapor Glove 5: Excellent barefoot shoe
Weight 5.8 ounces per shoe
The stack height: 6.5mm
The Merrell Vapor Glove 5 defines the barefoot category in terms of style and grace. It delivers a natural feeling through its design that doesn’t sacrifice integrity. The latest iteration of Merrell Vapor Glove 5 seeks to improve the success of the previous brands.
The outsole is super-thin with a 6.5mm stack height that keeps the feet at the right height above the ground. The upper features include a stretchy collar that enhances fit, agility, and comfort. The interior space of Merrell Vapor Glove 5 has a sock-like feeling. It’s the source of the natural ability of your feet to work without blisters. Merrell Vapor Glove 5 is intended to be used by people already wearing barefoot shoes. People with higher arches might find that stretchy collar is slightly constricting, but the new Merrell Vapor Glove 5 is the best to many fans.
- Uncompromising accuracy
- It has a sock-like fit
- Poor traction on trails
- Stretch collar is more confining
Inov-8 Bare-XF 210 V3; Best Barefoot Shoe for Gym
Weight: 7.5 ounces per shoe
The stack height: 4.5mm
The Inov-8 Bare-XF 210 V3 is the gym training barefoot shoe that can still be used as a running shoe. The supremacy of this Vivobarefoot alternative is based on its padded upper designed to offer protection and stability even as you go through rigorous training sessions. The padding delivers extra comfort, similar to the low stack height of 1.5mm without the insole. The low-profile shoe has a double mesh layer and a Zero-drop outsole needed when lifting weights.
Unlike the various barefoot shoes, Inov-8 Bare-XF 210 V3 doesn’t have extra materials at its upper to improve durability and comfort. The features were avoided more likely because they could negatively affect the barefoot feel and weight. Either way, the distinguishing features of Inov-8 Bare-XF 210 V3 include the TPU reinforcement and well-padded tongue.
While Inov-8 Bare-XF 210 V3 is specifically made to be used in the gym, they are entirely smooth, and the lug-less outsole tends to decrease its versatility. When it’s dirty, it loses traction over the gym floor, posing a threat to the wearer. Ultimately, Inov-8 Bare-XF 210 V3 is the best and the number one barefoot shoe suitable for all kinds of indoor training.
- Super low-profile outsole
- Padded upper
- Enhanced durability
- The toe box is a bit restrictive
- Lack versatility
- Lose traction when dirty