Birkenstocks have become essential footwear for summer, and the brand has continued to grow popular over the years. Undoubtedly, Birkenstock has a distinct look and provides ample support for your feet. Birkenstocks are unmatched in shoe quality and durability. They have constantly been a hit over the years and favorite healthy footwear for many.
If you are looking for a summer footwear brand, you better consider Birkenstock. Now that the brand choice is out of the way, choosing a sub-brand is the next decision. This one is a tough choice as Birkenstock has left nothing to chance in terms of quality.
This article will give you an in-depth look at Birkenstock Mayari and Arizona to compare them and help you make an informed decision on your next purchase.
Table of Contents
Birkenstock Mayari vs. Arizona: Overview
When you think of a classic Birkenstock sandal, the most common picture that comes to mind is Birkenstock Arizona, and with good reason. The Birkenstock Arizona sandal has a functional two-strap design that helps keep the sandal in place. Having your sandals slip as you walk will suck up the fun in whatever activity you are engaged in. Arizona is an excellent company for your casual afternoon. They are versatile and seamlessly match almost all outfits, like mini-skirts, jeans, or dresses.
Birkenstock Arizona offers comfort and has features like a deep heel cut, unparalleled arch support, and a big toe box, to name a few. It also features Birkenstock Birko Flor durable uppers that add to the velvety suede look and feel.
If you appreciate Birkenstock’s durability and functionality but still want something more classic than Arizona, consider the Mayari. The Mayari features the reliable support and comfort that we praise Birkenstock for, but with a few adjustments that add class and make it more sophisticated than normal. It has a stylish cross-strap that holds the sandal and a classy toe loop to complement the chic look.
If you appreciate an exotic look, then you should go for Mayari. It is ideal for your everyday activities and occasions, like art fairs or music festivals. The next time you want to hang at the beach, bring your Mayari.
Most footwear labels have come and gone, but Birkenstock has remained standing all these years. The brand continues to endure for a couple of reasons.
- Birkenstocks are comfortable and supportive of your feet, thanks to trademark features like molded and customizable footbeds and designs approved by podiatrists.
- Birkenstocks are durable. Most customers enjoy their sandals for about ten years. This longevity results from the intricate manufacturing process and also because the sandals are easily resoled.
- Birkenstocks have been in the market since 1774. For over two centuries in operations, exceptional is an understatement.
- Talk of versatility; you can pair up your Birks with just about anything from sundresses to jeans. These sandals are ideal for whatever plans you have for the day.
Similarities between Birkenstock Mayari and Arizona
- They offer comfort and firm feet support and are the go-to choice for health and wellness footwear lovers. They base their comfort concept on the desire to provide orthopedically correct support. Soft and cushiony does not guarantee comfort, and Birkenstock knows this all too well. Your feet need proper positioning and solid support for maximum comfort and good foot health.
- They design their footbeds for proper and adequate arch support, have a big toe box and a deep heel cup. They strategically incorporate these features in the shoe design to help the even distribution of weight for the whole foot. As a result, you experience improved posture and balance from comfort as you walk. The contoured footbed fosters the good health of your feet.
- Their footbeds have these features:
- A deliberately lifted footbed edge to protect your toes.
- A toe bar that guides the toes and promotes the natural movement of your feet.
- A cross arch support that helps shift pressure from the middle of your feet to the front.
- A suede leather lining to create a good foot climate.
- Inner and outer arch supports for ample support and heel stability.
- A deep heel cup to give your foot a firm hold and keep the heel profile.
- A cork and latex footbed for flexibility and comfort.
- They both require a snug fit to keep your foot from sliding around in the footbed as you walk. When your feet slide, they affect arch placement, comfort, and support.
- They are made in Germany and are available in different colors for both men and women.
- They have a dual-layer Jute that keeps away moisture while the bottom adds strength to the shoe.
- You can repair or resole them to continue enjoying your sandals for more years.
- The upper is made of Birko Flor and has adjustable buckles to ensure a snug and secure fit.
- They have EVA soles that exposure to direct sunlight can damage. When wet, air dry them away from direct heat.
Differences between Birkenstock Mayari and Arizona
- Arizona features wider-fitting styles and is suitable for people with wide feet or those who want a spacious toe box. Mayari is ideal for narrow feet as they are designed with narrow toe boxes.
- Mayari weighs 6 oz, while Arizona weighs 8 oz.
How to care for your Birkenstock Mayari and Arizona
- Regularly wipe them with a damp cloth to remove grass and dirt.
- Use a DIY cleaning solution to remove stains.
- Use baking soda and water to make a paste. Spread the paste evenly on the footbeds. Use a toothbrush to rub the paste into the footbed using a circular motion. Rinse off with a damp cloth and clean the other shoe. Let them air dry.
- Apply a little cornstarch on your sandals to remove oil stains. Let it sit for a couple of hours for the powder to absorb the oil from your sandals. Rinse off with a dry cloth.
- It would be best not to dry them under direct sunlight as heat is an enemy of the shoes. Allow them to air dry in a cool place for at least 24 hours.