Pressed for time? Here are the best correctional officer boots to buy in 2021:
- Breathable waterproof GORE-TEX membrane with moisture wicking lining
- YKK side zipper for quick on/off
- Slip resistant rubber outsole
Being a correctional officer is not such an easy thing. You have to constantly stand and walk around, which often results in fatigue and pain in the feet.
For this purpose, you may need some strong and well-to-do boots to bear the beating. You need something that can keep you comfortable even on your lengthiest shift in the line of duty as a law enforcement officer. Whether you are a systematic traffic officer regularly exhausting his boots on the road, or military personnel deployed in anonymous territories, an affluent pair of boots can bring your feet and legs comfort and protection for improved performance.
When shopping for the best correctional officer boots, bear in mind that boots are exactly where the rubber hits the road, both literally and figuratively. You, therefore, need to invest in a pair of boots that are both functional and durable. So how do correctional officers manage to choose the best pair of the best boots to meet their tactical needs? Well, we have made it easier for you. In this article, we performed detailed research on the best choices on the market for correctional officers and developed the following buying guide. The selection was based on overall product quality as well as customer feedback. Just go ahead and choose the one that suits you best if you’re a correctional officer.
Best Correctional Officer Boots For 2021
Bates GX-8 Gore-Tex Waterproof Side Zip Boots
- Breathable waterproof GORE-TEX membrane with moisture wicking lining
- YKK side zipper for quick on/off
- Slip resistant rubber outsole
For more than a decade now, Bates Ultra Lites has confirmed to be a reliable and valuable asset to all classes of uniformed personnel. Their latest version only takes the reputation a notch higher. The GX-8 Gore-Tex Boots are known to be among the best black combat boots worldwide. With high-quality leather uppers, supple athletic construction, 1680 denier surface-to-air nylon, and classic styling, this could just be all the combo an officer needs.
The boosts are made from tough and protective leather, so you can undoubtedly expect them to bear a substantial rough use and serve you for a considerable period of time. Apart from being black and stylish, the boots are pretty comfortable and light tactical boots to wear all day long. It is one of the best corrections of officer boots currently available for purchase. Boasting excellent customer support, the model has received an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars from over 1,500 users. This is proof that almost every correctional officer who has used them thinks very positively about them.
One impressive thing about these boots is that they are comfy and lighter than most tactical footwear out there. The best correctional officer boots are specially designed to wick moisture, meaning your feet will stay cool and comfortable all day. They come with a durable outsole, leather built quality, and breathable Gore-Tex technology. There is also a small zipper that tucks in the right in the Velcro tab, thereby eliminating any chance of getting stuck.
- A very convenient nylon zipper
- Made with athletic cement construction
- Very flexible, non-slip grip
- Durable build structure
- Full breathable ballistic nylon
- Might take longer to break-in
- No protective lip reaching to the toe area
Men’s 5.11 Tactical A.T.A.C. Military Coyote Boots
If you’re looking for superior military boots, one that’s ideal for both hot and tropical climates, then look no further than the Men’s 5.11 Tactical A.T.A.C. Military Coyote Boots. The 5.11 is a superior product that intensifies the accuracy, safety, speed, and performance of military, law enforcement, and firefighting professionals. It is a side zip boot that brings high performance in a classic profile for correctional officers.
Built on a foundation of quality, value, and durability, the 5.11 model leads the industry in delivering functionally innovative footwear, from rearfoot to forefoot. These boots are ideal for both combat pro and newbie hunters. Whether you’re looking for hiking boots, hunting boots, yard work boots, or stringent combat boots, this pair is sure to help. The boots are designed with rugged, long-lasting 1200 Cordura. The upper promotes breathable stability, while the full-grain leather ensures a sturdy and polished appearance.
The shock mitigation system and slip/oil resistant outsole serve for speed and traction. There is also the moisture-wicking lining that keeps you cool and comfy throughout. The Men’s 5.11 ATAC Military Coyote Boots also ensures your feet are comfortable whenever you’re on active duty or patrol. The extra ankle support is capable of will keep you moving even in the hardest earth terrain. The moisture-wicking lining, combined with the antibacterial elements to add to the overall comfort and safety of these shoes makes them one of the best correctional officer boots.
- Professional design
- Cushioned insole
- Slip-resistant outsole
- Excellent tactical boots
- Premium leather construction
- Meets military standards for safety
- Features a covert pocket
- Ankle padding is well ventilated
- Offers ample ankle support
- The upper section might peel away after a while
- The arch support might be too high for some
Men’s Danner Acadia 8” Boot
Made in the U.S., the Arcadia boasts Danner’s popular stitch down built quality, promoting a more stable and durable platform for the underfoot. Danner is a well-recognized brand with a reputable history of manufacturing excellent boots. And their Arcadia 8” model is similarly popular to be among the best footwear options for correction officers. It is highly rated by most of its users.
Feature-wise, the whole thing is waterproof, breathable, and is crafted from full-grain leather. The Vibram Kletterlift outsole provides outstanding shock absorbency and traction even on slick surfaces. The boot is a union of leather and Denier nylon, meaning this is a long investment and can last for the test of time. The overall design is meant for maximum comfort and durability. It comes in an advanced style, featuring a mixture of synthetic uppers that are both tough and lightweight.
The open-cell polyurethane footbed allows for undisrupted ventilation to help keep your feet cool and dry during those hotter days. The outsole of these shoes is a slip repellent for exceptional contact on the surface which makes ideal for a correctional officer that is always on the go.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Berry compliant
- Fibreglass shank
- Three-layer comfort system
- Excellent airflow
- Nylon shank for added support
- A bit expensive
- The toe area might get wet in the rain.
Also Read: Best Shoes For Vet Techs
Men’s Under Armour Valsetz R.T.S. Military Boot
- Perfect Outdoor Boots: Made from 100% Fabric or Textile with a leather sole that measures approximately 1.5 inches"
- Lightweight, Durable Men's Boots: Wear as work boots, tactical boots, or even for hunting, hiking and construction
- Full Support During Use: UA ClutchFit ankle support system contours & supports
The latest version in the long-running Valsetz series of Performance Tactical Boots, the Under Armour Valsetz RTS 1.5 model, delivers reliable support with athletic performance. Featuring U.A.’s ClutchFit ankle support system for a precise and supportive fit, the RTS 1.5’s light and jugged synthetic leather, as well as textile uppers, enhance breathable support without weighing your feet down.
It comes with a lightweight T.P.U. The shank that boosts the stability over uneven terrain. The low profile rubber lug outsole is durable enough and comes with a high traction tread pattern for excellent footing in different conditions. Most users are said to prefer wearing these boots due to the slip-resistant treads that make them ideal for any surface. The boot will remain upright from the slick roads to the icy sidewalks. The T.P.U. Toe cap and the welded P.U film around the outer of the boot delivers increased protection through abrasion resistance. Inside, the molded Ortholite sock liner provides cushioning on every stride and protects odor build-up with antimicrobial technology. Besides, the Ultralight full-length Micro G E.V.A. foam midsole will cushion upon landings and return energy on takeoffs with a lightweight, staple design that gives a sustained contact with the ground.
It is a perfect choice for anyone looking for a comfortable and long-lasting tactical boot. They are recognized by both men and women in uniform all over the world. They come with great support, comfort, and construction that best suits the brand’s definition. Overall, the boots are alert and ready to give you support on every boot. The convenient side zip allows for an easy on/off while the T.P.U. Toe box protects your toes. Your arches will receive ample support from T.P.U. Shank and the MicroG foam cushioning supports your moves by absorbing shock. The Ortholite interior cushioning prevents slippages and declines chafing.
- Lightweight and durable
- Synthetic and updated textile upper
- Waterproof boot inner
- Lightweight T.P.U. shank offers adequate rigidity
- New, high traction rubber outsole
- Comfortable, sleek design
- Molded antimicrobial Ortholite sock liner
- Ultralight Micro G E.V.A. midsole adds to comfort
- A bit costly
- Insoles may wear out after some time.
Men’s Thorogood Zip Jump Boot Gen-Flex Shoe
- HIGH-SHINE POLISHABLE TOE CAP AND HEEL COUNTER police boots in Black Walnut color - ideal uniform womens and mens dress boots
- REMOVABLE SINGLE-DENSITY POLYURETHANE FOOTBED for durable and comfortable law enforcement boots that offer optimal shock absorption for the most comfortable out-of-the-box jump boots out there
- GOODYEAR STORM WELT CONSTRUCTION provides superior wear resistance and moisture seal between upper and midsole for tactical work boots men and women can trust
When it comes to premium tactical uniform footwear, the Gen Flex Shoe by Thorogood surpasses the expectations of comfort and personal safety if you’re a correctional officer. They are among the best quality boots for correctional officers in the market. They don’t only look shiny and polished but are also comfortable, supportive, yet not too expensive.
The exterior of these boots is made from black oil-repellent leather. They boast a sheer number of 16 eyelet closure, accompanied by a zipper that makes the wearing and removing of these boots a breeze. The leather is considerably tough and can bear the most beating, meaning that the pair will remain with you for a whole long time. The removable insole provides extra cushioning and support, keeping your feet safe from fatigue and blisters.
When you lock, you hardly know how the shift will unfold. As such, these boots are extremely durable, lightweight, and flexible in responding to any emergency. The GENflex2 double-density rubber outsole offers multi-directional traction to ensure superior grip and resistance whenever you’re on oil or slick surfaces. There is the heavy-duty Y.K.K. zipper, and Goodyear storm welt construction means these side zip office boots will bear daily abuse.
- Gen-Flex outsole
- Goodyear Storm welt structure
- Composite shank
- E.V.A. cushioned midsole
- Very comfortable for long hours
- The full-grain leather heel counter
- Not that durable
Men’s Smith & Wesson Breach 2.0 Boots
- SMITH & WESSON - Known for outstanding quality and attention to fine detail. We're proud to introduce a boot that sets a new standard for construction, durability, and price. The Breach 2.0 is built upon years of top caliber manufacturing and industry experience.
- TOUGH - The leather and nylon construction is made to provide full protection without compromising on comfort. A gusseted tongue keeps dirt and debris out.
- COMFORTABLE ALL DAY - An EVA Midsole gives lightweight comfort and cradled support, and for added support we used a steel shank. Board-lasted construction creates a torsional rigidity that reduces foot fatigue during long work shifts.
Smith & Wesson is a prominent military boot manufacturer known for outstanding quality and close attention to fine detail. This brand is swiftly founding a new profile in the footwear industry regarding sophisticated gears and firearms via excellent craftsmanship, value for money, and relative product cost.
Breach 2.0 is crafted upon super caliber manufacturing and industry expertise. That means it brings longevity and reliability you would practically expect from a tactical boot as far as Smith & Wesson’s name goes. Still, you don’t have to fret about the boot’s massive endurance; it’s extremely comfortable for daily application irrespective of what your routine battles entail. Tough and comfy, the leather, plus nylon built, is meant to offer full protection without scrimping on comfort. The guested tongue comes in handy to keep dirt and debris out. The rubber outsole is made to subside traction loss alongside an innovative pattern that commands dirt, waxed grounds, landers, fences, and anything the surface can throw at you.
These boots remain comfortable all day long. The E.V.A. midsole promotes lightweight comfort and enhanced support. And for added support, the company seamlessly applied steel shanks. The board-lasted built quality ensures a torsional rigidity that minimizes foot fatigue during those extended work shifts. Moreover, the Breach 2.0 premium boot comes at a budget-friendly price tag, offering you the best deal for your buck. Whether you’re in industrial trade, law enforcement, or other professions that call for extremely reliable footwear, you can count on the Breach 2.0 to outperform the hard like task and outlast the test of time.
- Slip-resistance rubber outsole
- Y.K.K.A. zipper in long-lasting Vision pattern
- Foam padded collar
- Lightweight midsole
- Special guested tongue styling
- The insoles are custom-designed for a perfect fit
- Leather and nylon upper for extra comfort and safety
- The leather might crack easily
- Not the most durable outsole
Belleville TR960ZWP KHYBER Boots
- 8-INCH STANDARD MILITARY HEIGHT SIDE-ZIP BLACK TACTICAL BOOTS designed for wear by police, emergency medical services and EMT, private security, corrections, and militia personnel.
- HIGHLY BREATHABLE LEATHER BOOTS made from premium cattlehide leather and abrasion-resistant Destination P mesh keep your feet cool even in hot weather.
- BBP WATERPROOF MEMBRANE protects against hazardous liquids on the job.
These tactical lightweight boots are designed to deliver lightweight comfort, convenience, and ultimate protection. Besides safety and comfort, these boots contain both the ASTM certified rated and a Gore-Tex lining that makes this boot both waterproof and lubricant resistant.
Through a union of bloodborne pathogen proof, curved zipper, waterproof, and shock absorbent sole system, these boots will keep your feet dry and comfortable all day long. Furthermore, the pair boasts the latest ultimate versatile lighting known as the NEBO LIGHT. The best boots for a correctional officer are made from nylon fabric that’s known to be super comfortable and durable in nature. The fabric employed is known as Gore-Tex fabric, which is 100% waterproof.
The midsole is crafted using E.V.A. foam and is perfect for shock absorbency. It also protects your tendons and muscles by making sure they are always in the right condition. There is also the ankle support feature that works well to support your heels and make sure you’re always stable irrespective of the terrain type. Not to mention that the boots are crafted using top quality leather that is meant to last. The doom serves like a diffuser to produce ambient light while the small perforation allows light to shine through for classic flashlight use.
- Great arch support
- The outsole is made from anti-slip material
- Standard military height boot
- Side zip entry for easy on/off
- Full-grain leather and fabric upper
- The midsoles are made of E.V.A. foam
- More expensive
- A bit tight on the toe area
Men’s S.W.A.T. Classic 9” Side Zip Boots
- Leather and canvas
- Steel shank for superior support
- YKK side-zipper for easy on and off fit with hook and loop closure
The S.W.A.T. Classic 9″ is another excellent correction officer boots in the market. They are made using a sleek design and feature a side zipper that makes them suitable for long hours usage without making you feel fatigued. Most users recommend it for the military and professional look that suits most personal and emergency needs.
Besides the lightweight construction and side zipper, this model features a slip-resistant outsole and delivers the much-needed traction to make sure you stay upright always. The whole thing is very comfortable, and wearing it will prevent you from any kind of swelling. They do feature air cell technology that absorbs shock and protects your joints from wearing out. They also have a sleek back outer that ensures you feel good all the time.
- Very comfortable and supportive
- It comes with a sleek design
- Made from lightweight materials
- Sleek back outer keeps you comfortable
- Air cell technology for shock absorbency
- The zipper can wear out easily.
Men’s Bates 8” Tactical Sport Side Zip Boots
- Lightweight Cushioned EVA midsole
- Durable leather & performance nylon upper
- Moisture wicking mesh lining
The Bates 8″ tactical boots are the top quality choice for correctional officers. They are made with mesh nylon, leather, and ballistic components. These materials help to ensure a solid and reliable construction for a tactical solution.
The best correction boots incorporate the Dry Guard technology for an excellent seal, allowing zero water to get through the outer membrane. They also come with breathable materials that are meant to keep your feet cool and fresh all day long. Most people appreciate wearing the Bates 8″ tactical boots due to their side zipper that makes them even more convenient and accessible. You can have these boots throughout the day and still be comfortable.
- Lightweight outsole rubber
- Easy to put on/off
- Made with breathable material
- Slip repellent outsole
- A bit expensive
- Not among the most durable on our list
Men’s Rocky Rkc050 Military Boot
- Approved For Wear With All Applicable OCP Variations
- Uniform Compliant (DA Pam 670-1 Date 1 JUL 15)
- Flash- and Water-Resistant Leather
The Rocky Rkc050 Military Boot is a top of the line military choice that’s carefully engineered to just about perfection. The boot boasts some of the latest technologies that are designed to keep your feet and gait in check. All features present in the Rocky Rkc050 Military Boot works seamlessly well, and the boots are ideal for tactical, military, and rocking purposes. The majority of a uniformed professional who often goes out hiking in the wilderness prefer using these boots.
The best boots for correctional officers are lightweight and properly designed, which makes them be of great mobility in case of emergency or hostile attack. In other words, the Rocky Rkc050 Military Boot is one of the most uniform compliant footwear in the market.
- Built with water-resistant materials
- Employs the latest technology
- Breathable to keep your feet cool and dry
- Built to perfection
- Made from lightweight materials
- The soles might wear out rather fast
- Somewhat tight on the toes
Best Correctional Officer Boots: Buying Guide
There are many different kinds of correctional boots in the market. As such, it can be a challenge for buyers to determine the best boots to get along with. However, we have elaborated on the most important aspects to check out for when choosing your military footwear.
Correctional officer boots are mostly used in jugged surfaces. It is, therefore, important to make sure your pair is made from sturdy and comfortable materials, which can remain in proper condition even after a long period of use. Your boots need to be durable and tough enough to effectively accommodate even the most barren, harsh, and inhospitable conditions.
Pay close attention to the quality of the boots you’re about to buy. Generally speaking, boots quality is always visible. For instance, rucking boots may feature either seamless or Goodyear welting, or cement- although Goodyear welting is commonly used mainly because it’s sturdy, and can outlast the most beating.
Injuries, aches, and tiredness or such discomforts will only make your body fatigued and painful for simple tasks for correctional officers. Working or hiking with a painful body is the last thing anyone would probably want. So, make sure your boots are as comfortable as you want, and preferably feature inner linings.
As a correctional officer, you’d want to avoid those boots that have poor ventilation; they can trigger more serious food conditions. For instance, excessive sweating can cause various foot infections like athletes and odor to build up. When executing walks or marches, heat can accumulate inside the boots if the ventilation is not passable. Therefore, the bot in question is well ventilated to keep your feet cool and dry and avoid awful odor after duty.
With the above-listed top ten best correctional officer boots, you can now make a more informed decision as per your specific needs. We recommend that before making the purchase, you consider the factors discussed above to ensure you buy what suits you. Our post on the best correctional officer boots is mainly focused on the best-selling models in the market. All boots listed above are a great option for correctional officers. Else, your preferable pick is subject to what you like most.