Happy new year one and all! To kickstart 2013, here are a handful of stories surrounding all things fashion and digital from over the holiday period you may have missed:
- Louis Vuitton pushes spring/summer line with downloadable paper doll cutouts (as pictured) [Luxury Daily]
- Love magazine released a star-studded Fashion Nativity video on Christmas Day featuring Laura Carmichael, Pixie Geldof, Giles Deacon, Henry Holland, Abbey Clancy and more [Love]
- New video from H&M’s forthcoming & Other Stories line reveals craftsmanship of bags in its first collection [YouTube]
- Nike gamifies every day human movement with NikeFuel Missions video game [DigitalBuzzBlog]
- Fashion retailer Caché launches mobile app featuring push notifications [AdWeek]
Love magazine has filmed another bevy of models each sending the camera a saucy Christmas wish in its second-annual digital advent calendar.
Launching today with a Calvin Klein-clad Cara Delevingne (as pictured) as its December 1 star, the concept follows on from last year’s viral success.
Over the next 24 days, the likes of Abbey Clancy (also pictured), Daisy Lowe, Dree Hemingway, Edie Campbell, Eliza Cummings, Jessica Hart, Jessica Stam, Karlie Kloss, Liberty Ross, Lily Donaldson, Pixie Geldof, and Tallulah Harlech, will all make an appearance, with a new film every day until Christmas. Kelly Brook will feature again too, as will her boyfriend Thom Evans.
Katie Grand, editor-in-chief of Love, says: ”It’s been super fun working on the Love advent calendar again. We had such amazing figures last year with some girls getting up to a million hits for their festive frolicking. I mean, who doesn’t want to see Cara on roller skates?”
Behind the scenes are the same team as last year: photographers Daniel Jackson and Angelo Pennetta, and stylists Sally Lyndley and Victoria Young.
Love magazine has launched an online advent calendar comprised of 24 short films each featuring a different “favourite festive friend” sharing their wishes for the holiday season.
“Christmas is coming and LOVE has chosen to celebrate XXXmas with a very saucy advent calendar featuring our favourite ‘ladies’ and a couple of ‘friends’… I hope you enjoy our 25 days of foxy fun,” said the title’s editor-in-chief, Katie Grand.
The first sees Lindsey Wixson in Calvin Klein Jeans singing Jingle Bells to the camera. She will be followed by the likes of Alessandra Ambrosio, Amber Le Bon, Daisy Lowe, Kelly Brook, Candice Swanepoel and Dree Hemmingway.
The spots were shot by Daniel Jackson in New York and Angelo Pennetta in London. They were styled by Love staff, including Grand, Sally Lyndley and Victoria Young.
The initiative will culminate with an exclusive film on the magazine’s iPad app on Christmas Day.
UPDATE: See Kelly Brook’s video from December 13, below: