Happy new year one and all! To kickstart 2013, here are a handful of stories surrounding all things fashion and digital from over the holiday period you may have missed:
- Louis Vuitton pushes spring/summer line with downloadable paper doll cutouts (as pictured) [Luxury Daily]
- Love magazine released a star-studded Fashion Nativity video on Christmas Day featuring Laura Carmichael, Pixie Geldof, Giles Deacon, Henry Holland, Abbey Clancy and more [Love]
- New video from H&M’s forthcoming & Other Stories line reveals craftsmanship of bags in its first collection [YouTube]
- Nike gamifies every day human movement with NikeFuel Missions video game [DigitalBuzzBlog]
- Fashion retailer Caché launches mobile app featuring push notifications [AdWeek]
Discount private shopping site Vente Privée has linked up with Dutch photographer Erwin Olaf to create a short film designed to capture the essence of its service.
Based on a story of desire, it sees a glamorous 1960s feel combined with vivid photography, as an attractive delivery boy carrying a VP parcel gathers the attention of women throughout the neighbourhood.
“For me desire is a very poetic emotion, generating either drama, tragedy or from a more positive perspective sensational feelings, like when you fall in love for instance,” said Olaf. “The story was simple but effective, funny and romantic. I immediately visualized what I could do and I thought everybody would understand it.”
A teaser version of the spot is featured above, while the full-length version can be seen on the members’ site. There is also a series of behind-the-scenes images and video; a page dedicated to Olaf featuring his biography and an interview with him about the project; and the opportunity to download the music from the film.