Marc Jacobs took the top innovator award at Style Coalition’s fourth annual Fashion 2.0 Awards in New York last night, an event dedicated to celebrating the best in communications strategies across digital media platforms.
Voted for by the public, the event also saw Jacobs taking the best Facebook title. Saks Fifth Avenue won two awards too: best blog by a fashion brand, and best website.
DKNY was named best Twitter for the fourth year in a row, while the Fashion 2.0 visionary award was presented to Rent the Runway founders Jennifer Hyman and Jenny Fleiss in acknowledgment of their “achievements in disrupting the retail industry and democratizing luxury fashion”.
Here’s the full list:
- Best Twitter: @DKNY
- Best Facebook: Marc Jacobs
- Best Pinterest (new category): Anthropologie
- Best blog by a fashion brand: Saks POV
- Best website: Saks Fifth Avenue
- Best mobile app: Gilt on the Go
- Best online video: DVF Through Glass (as below)
- Best fashion start-up: Of a Kind
- Top innovator: Marc Jacobs
- Fashion 2.0 visionary award: Rent the Runway
Pic courtesy of Patrick McMullan